Thread: E85
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004   #11
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally posted by JET@May 28 2004, 07:52 AM
E85 is normally $.40 cheaper than 92. If you put in 12 gallons that is about $5.00 a fill up. It wouldn't take too long to pay itself off. Not to mention you could run 28 - 30 psi EVERY DAY!!
Although you must remember you will be losing about 20-30% of your fuel economy so in effect it is not truely $5 cheaper/tank if you take in to account the fact you will have to refuel more often. My old roomate has an '00 Ford Ranger than can run on either regular gasoline or E85, and after using both for extended periods of time he found it was cheaper just to run the regular 87-octane gasoline. One more thing, I am sick of having to bail out the MN farmers. If they can't survive they should just go out of business like would happen in any other industry. We already help them out enough with the price-floor put in place for milk. That stuff is over $4/gal now at Cub last time I checked. Whenever possibly I liked to get the nonoxygenated fuel for my Talon, it seemed to run better and I did get a few extra MPG.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote