MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic

Old 05-29-2008   #1
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15
RockAuto.com sucks

Talk about piss poor customer service. I ordered a Land Rover caliper and paid for 2-day delivery. It took 3 days plus the weekend and then it gets here and it's the wrong side. The CS person looks it up and their online listing is wrong, their fault. I told them I need this by tomorrow but no dice, they'll only ship ground unless I pay for the expedited shipping. Then the lady tells me if I need it that fast I should get it locally, gee thanks Sherlock. Luckily I found it locally, cheaper and in stock. That's the last time I buy from these online vendors. Back in my CS days, we'd ship something out overnight even if it was our vendor's fault, apparently those days are gone with some companies.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #2
User Name
Hates blue couplers.

BMX Ramp Champion! BMX Stunts Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: White 1Gb TSi
Send a message via AIM to User Name Send a message via MSN to User Name Send a message via Yahoo to User Name
Re: RockAuto.com sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Blower View Post
... Back in my CS days, we'd ship something out overnight even if it was our vendor's fault, apparently those days are gone with some companies.
Indeed they are. We're in the revolution of lazy bastards and swing-around-legal-loopholes.

That's tough luck Steve. Huml own this company? :P
FP Turbo kit
User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #3
AwdGSX13

Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name View Post
That's tough luck Steve. Huml own this company? :P

pwned!!

'94 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
'06 Acura TL
AwdGSX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #4
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

That sucks Steve! I've purchased from them once and had no troubles, but it was for two very simple parts.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #5
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon

Sorry to hear, that sucks.

It does seem oh so common now a days though. I'm glad that by now I've figured out for the most part, who I can count on for good service, and I just stick with them as much as I can.
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008   #6
scheides
flips McGee

I've had good luck with them too, ordered my GM BCS and pigtail from them. No idea how quickly it came, as I was not in a hurry for it. This is pretty classic though, honestly sounds *just* like SBR. You order something, expedite shipping, then they sit on the order for 3 days or w/e and possibly then ship it not expedited. Gee, thanks a-holes!
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #7
Shotgun!
Totenritt

Drives: Cranberry Plastic, Shiny red Bayliner with a V10
Send a message via AIM to Shotgun! Send a message via MSN to Shotgun!

I too have had nothing but good luck with them. I've bought something like a dozen parts in the last year alone from them. The things about it are; 1) I have never had to have anything "looked up", 2) I have never had to have a part in any kind of time frame. I'm sure that if I really needed something quick and right, it would be neither.
Old 05-30-2008   #8
Tachyon

Drives: Icarus

That sucks, Steve. I've had nothing but good luck with them, except when I ordered a replacement wheel bearing for a 1g and they sent the wrong part (wtf). But they redeemed themselves by promptly sending the right one (free of charge) and letting me keep the mistaken part.
Old 05-30-2008   #9
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Yeah, normally it doesn't matter that much, but I've got lots of cars to work on, and this Land Rover is taking my only lift. Oh well, got the new one on today, so I finally get to drive this daddy ride.
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #10
dustinw

Drives: 96 Talon TSi AWD

back when i was still having rear bearing and hub problems, i ordered a hub/bearing assembly from rock auto. i called them to assure it was the right part (both the hub and bearing) they kept me on hold for about a half hour before the rep came back and said it was the right part.

i ran the part number online and it was the same p/n as a bearing only mfd by a different company

i called back and they insisted it was the right part again.

sure enough it came in the mail and was just the bearing. they then proceeded to locate the right part number and told me it would be an additional 150 for it plus shipping, and i would have to return the wrong part they sent to get credit for that, so all in all they wanted another 300 bucks from me.

i will NEVER order from them ever again, no matter what the part is.

fortunately for me i got the hookup out at brookdale mitsu on the whole assembly for about half of what rock auto wanted.
dustinw is offline   Reply With Quote