MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Member Intros/Bios

Old 03-06-2008   #1
Halon
Pewp Champion

Drives: Teh Bean
Send a message via AIM to Halon
Re: Attempt to make things right

I have nothing against truckers. I just simply found it funny how it sounded like broken English "I drive Truck". That's all. Easy mistake. I was a bit drunk last night too, that's my excuse! Again, welcome and best of luck!
2006 Bayliner 195 - Carbed 5.0 Top Speed Test
Halon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #2
nchittendon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
I have nothing against truckers. I just simply found it funny how it sounded like broken English "I drive Truck". That's all. Easy mistake. I was a bit drunk last night too, that's my excuse! Again, welcome and best of luck!
No offense taken, I took it as drunken banter. This ain't my first BBQ. lol
nchittendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #3
twack
It was a auto get over it

Drives: something better then you
Send a message via AIM to twack

Welcome neil
twack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #4
nchittendon

Thanks Twack.
Old 03-06-2008   #5
scheides
flips McGee

I have never heard of you, just the rumor of this new shop. You guys have a lot of making up to do before you're going to be welcome here. Also, I'm sorry but I would not consider you a 'star' here or elsewhere for that matter. I feel like a pretty well-informed individual, and I have never heard of you.

Since this is an intro thread, may I suggest something a little more on-subject like, 'Hi, my name is jimbo, and I drive a truck for a living. I am borrowing a crap-load of money into a name that everyone here might not think too fondly of, but we are here to change that.'

With that being said, please be sure to read ALL of the rules of the forum, and contact me if there is any question about outside vendor posting.

Any bets anyone, will this be the next slowboy thread?
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #6
MustGoFaster

Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion!
Drives: A big dirty V8
Send a message via ICQ to MustGoFaster Send a message via AIM to MustGoFaster Send a message via Yahoo to MustGoFaster Send a message via Skype™ to MustGoFaster

No, I don't think Neil is here for that.
MustGoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #7
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

If Neil were smart he would change the name of the shop to get as far away from "Vogel Performance" as possible. Time will tell and if they deliver on all the owed money, engines, parts, etc. I will be very impressed.

Last edited by Kracka; 03-06-2008 at 12:14 PM..
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #8
nchittendon

Mustgofaster is right. I'm not here to advertise, and I'm not here representing Jake. I was pointed towards the thread that is the link that I posted up and noticed that my name, posts, and club website were being trashed and thought it only fair that I at least be in attendance for you to beat on over what someone else did.
To say you never heard of me might be a personal dilemma. Those who participated in the "where's Jake" thread and threatened to ruin ME and run MY name through the mud without knowing anything about me, know me quite well I assume. Otherwise, why would they want to harm me?
I'm not here to fight, or attack, or cause any more problems than all those that have been caused. But I'm also not here to be blatantly attacked for no reason either. Again, if you have problems with Jake, perhaps you should take them up with him. If you have anything due to you by my business, then that would involve me. And considering my posts from other sites, and my club's website were dragged into the issues here, that would mean that I am involved.
I have realized in the recent past that I've taken on an eye soar, and it will take me a long time to put that in the business' past. But that is my dilemma, and I am willing to attempt it.

So, I thank those who welcome me and I hope that we might get to know one another better one day. I don't feel I should be shunned or looked down upon for only trying to do right.

To get back "on-topic," my name is Neil. I live in LaCrosse and drive semi for Ashley furniture. I have been driving semi for apprx 10 years. Don't hate me, but I started life as a Chevy guy, then converted to a Honda guy. I know I'll burn in hell for posting that here, if anything. As fore mentioned by a pretty well informed individual, "I am borrowing a crap-load of money into a name that everyone here might not think too fondly of, but I AM here to ATTEMPT to change that." And to be perfectly honest, I don't really expect those who have dealt with the shop in the past to ever come back. I also don't expect those who have read the antics that have gone on to ever show up and do business with me. That's fine. I have come to the realization that I am already working at a loss because of my partner's prior dealings. I am confident in myself and my own skills that the business will fair just fine.

I got married in 05, and now have a 15 month old son. Because of my wife and son, I need to get out of trucking. I hate every minute of it. Being away from my family, I mean. It's a good living, but it's not worth that much. So, I'm hoping to fall back on my prior skills of wreching. I wrenched at a GM dealer for a while before I realized I couldn't make "enough" money working for a shop. I've driven single axle trucks for the Postal Service, driven tankers, vans, flats, just about everything.
My first car was a 64 Chevy Impala SS. I sold it to buy a house in LaCrosse........dumb. Really dumb. I've now got a Honda CRX which is a conversion to RHD with a glasstop. I have full access to importing cars, but wanted a conversion so I could keep it all legal and legit.
I started a car club apprx 2 years ago, and things have been going good. We will be attending a ton of shows this year including HIN Minneapolis, and HIN Chicago and most of the local ones to boot.

There ya go. That's all I got. lol
Old 03-06-2008   #9
scheides
flips McGee

Thank you for the nice introduction, but understand that associating yourself with Jake V puts people on the defensive immediately. Yes, it is only because of the name but if you are doing business with him, then it is logical to assume that if people have had issues doing business with him then they could almost certainly plan on having issues doing business with you.

Sorry you did not know about the issues he had with people around here, but coming clean like this is probably the best way forward. Take the advise of Kracka though, change the name of the shop. You guys are in Lacross right, why not something catchy like, 'Cross Performance' ?
scheides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #10
User Name
Hates blue couplers.

BMX Ramp Champion! BMX Stunts Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Drives: White 1Gb TSi
Send a message via AIM to User Name Send a message via MSN to User Name Send a message via Yahoo to User Name

Yeah, if you own the company, why have it named after Jake? I like supporting local shops and all but as long as Jake's affiliate with that place, I can't/won't do anything to support that guy.

Good luck with the shop though I guess, it's probably a good feeling knowing you are atleast trying to start a business/shop and wrench for yourself, sounds fun!
FP Turbo kit
User Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008   #11
Goat Blower
aka Goodbye

Asteroids Champion! Beach Squirter Champion!
Drives: Taylor Made R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheides View Post
Take the advise of Kracka though, change the name of the shop. You guys are in Lacross right, why not something catchy like, 'Cross Performance' ?
That'd be great if that was how you actually spelled "Lacrosse".
2017 GMC Yukon-Current winter hooptie

Goat Blower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008   #12
bluntedelvis
Click,Click,BOOM!!!

Welcome fellow Trucker "aka" Fellow road patron... Good luck with your rebuilding, and get yourself a DSM.
Old 03-06-2008   #13
iceminion

Send a message via AIM to iceminion

those CRX's with the glass tops are pimp!
Old 03-06-2008   #14
nchittendon

thanks guys.

Unfortunately a DSM isn't in my near future.

Thanks for the comment on the hooptie.

A name change is a thought now knowing what I know.
Old 03-06-2008   #15
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Neil, welcome to the forum. I don't think people will have a problem with you at all, or even the name of the business name, if you can't change it. If you have Jake working there though, that is going to be an issue. You know all about Jake now, and now we know why he FINALLY tried to clear things up and admitted to what he did. Notice that he didn't admit to any of it until very recently?

I say change the name of the shop if at all possible, ditch Jake all together and make a go of it on your own or find another partner. I wish you luck, it isn't an easy thing to jump into.

Are you getting a mandrel bender or a rotary bender? A real mandrel bender is going to be $60k+. When doing this, don't expect your business to make money for at least 2 years.

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008   #16
Dizmm

Drives: on ICE

I really have not kept up with the whole subject of Jake, just seen and skimmed over the subject on this board as well as on tuners and link. Its nice to see you face your problems rather than running away from them. That tells a lot about a person.

Maybe we'll do business sometime, good luck.

-Andy
Old 03-07-2008   #17
nchittendon

Thanks Dizmm.

I like to tackle things head on and I like to wear who I am "on my sleeve" per say. I have nothing to hide, and only treat people the way I want to be treated. I joke a lot, and am quite playful.....but at the same time, when it's time to get serious I put my best foot forward.

Thanks again for the nice welcome and the understanding. It really is better than I thought it would be showing up here.
Old 03-09-2008   #18
98gstaherns
I need boost in my life

Drives: '14 chevy 1500
Send a message via AIM to 98gstaherns

welcome and good luck with everything!
98gstaherns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008   #19
TkrPerformance

Drives: toaster
Send a message via AIM to TkrPerformance

I would change the name and ditch jake then you might have a chance to start over. Is the crx is green right. Also in the end there is only room for 1 rhd car on he and that is mine
TkrPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #20
nchittendon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkrPerformance View Post
I would change the name and ditch jake then you might have a chance to start over. Is the crx is green right. Also in the end there is only room for 1 rhd car on he and that is mine

The CRX is actually a Jeep color. It's called bright cactus green.

Not tryin to step on your "RHD toes." haha

Thanks again for the welcome's.