MitsuStyle MitsuStyle

Go Back   MitsuStyle > The Homefront! > The Parking Lot - On & Off Topic > Member Intros/Bios

Old 03-11-2008   #41
HiImBrian

Drives: the girls crazy
Send a message via AIM to HiImBrian
Re: Attempt to make things right

I would have posted sooner but was was a victim of the ban stick. So let me get this straight, you were with jake this whole time and had no idea he was screwing all these people out of their money? Hell, all you had to do was google search Jake Vogel and you could find a ton of people that he screwed over.

You seem like a pretty nice guy, but then so did Jake right before he took everyones money. I can promise you will see absolutely no business from me nor will you see any good comments about Vogel Performance coming from my direction until Jake is completely out of the picture. Hell the guy just IMed me a few weeks ago just to let me know I left my lug nut key in his garage and he threw it away. Something tells me Jake has not changed one bit and as long as you are working with him your business has some major problems.

If you didn't know Jake was stealing money before whos to say you wont realize he's doing it again?
Old 03-11-2008   #42
nchittendon

Yeah, it's taken me 3 months to find out about all of this. I never really searched because I didn't know I had reason to suspect anything.

I understand that most all of you won't be stopping by for business. I also understand the effect that will have on my business. It's an eye-soar I have to deal with now.

I had no reason to not trust Jake before, and was unaware of any reason to keep an eye on him. Since all of this has come to light, there are plenty of things in place to protect myself and my money. I have made my attorney aware of the situation and steps have been taken in our business contract and what-not.

All that I ask, is for everyone to give ME a fair chance. I'm not asking you to give Jake any slack at all. I'm not asking you to stop by and be chums and buy parts because I ask you to trust me. I am just asking that if someone were to ask about us, tell them what you know. "This Neil guy seems all right.....don't know him personally though. And Jake still works there, so I wouldn't get too close to that place cause he's there." I might be expecting too much.......I don't know. I just know the cards are stacked against me and I'm going to try to heal things over. That's all I can do at this point.
nchittendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #43
DSM_421
Banned

Drives: down the middle of the fairway bitches!

So you still really haven't clarified... does Jake still work there or not?

Because if he does, well honestly I don't wish you any luck what so ever if that is the case.
DSM_421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #44
blageo23
AWD4G64

Send a message via AIM to blageo23

Im one of those people that base my opinion on first impression. One local shop rubbed me the wrong way and never went back, another was great from the minute I bought something from them and I buy 90% of my parts from them because of that. So just make good impression on your new customers and Im sure that you will end up alright. But like you said the cards are against you.
blageo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008   #45
HiImBrian

If this were your shop and your shop alone I'd think about doing business with you. But as long as Jake has the slightest bit of say I'm sorry but my opinion stands. If I buy parts or service from you I am befitting Jake as well considering he is part of the company. Also, you said yourself you don't have much experience with dsms so my guess is you would have jake do work involving them...that's the last thing I want.
Old 03-11-2008   #46
DSM_421
Banned

Yea I'm sure Jake does quality work on customer cars too... "roll eyes"
Old 03-12-2008   #47
nchittendon

At this point, I think Jake will still be a part of the endeavor. I don't know the Jake that you all know. And yes, he did hide this from me, but I can sort of understand why in a messed up kinda way.

However, the more I read through the posts in this thread and the other one, I am feeling that I may change the name of the shop. It'll be kind of a bitch because everything is set up already, but it may be worth the hassle.

Yeah, I would have posted sooner but Kracka banned me! lol

*dick* haha
Old 03-12-2008   #48
crazy_skier
A.E.K.Δ.B

Beer Dude 2 Champion!
Drives: 1994 Suburban

I havent taken a fixed opinion on either side of this, yes jake fucked up but I know many people who have fucked up before and finally straightened things out. With that said and what I know if the situation I would say go through the hassle and change the name... it may take more time to get things rolling but I feel it would benefit you better for your initial launch and give you a step up for a fighting chance

good luck on the endeavors and if i'm in the neighborhood i'll stop by to meet you personally like I have with the guys at the other shops
crazy_skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #49
DSM_421
Banned

Honestly, if others decide to go down on your dyno day I will be making the trip my self and letting every customer know about the situation.

I believe in forgiving people, but I honestly don't think Jake has changed at all which is truely sad, to others and my self he used to seem like a really good guy.

Just wait until you meet the real Jake, everybody else thought they knew the real Jake and look what came out of it.

So that being said who is gonna be showing up at their dyno day?
Old 03-12-2008   #50
HiImBrian

well Neil, I see it this way. If Jake is still part of the shop then changing the name is just a way to trick people into thinking they aren't doing business with Jake when they really are (which a lot of people including myself would not like to do). If Jake is going to be part of your business then I think the name should stay what it is so people know who they are working with.

Honestly, if you are actually going through with this whole thing and keeping Jake on board, I have no doubt you are one of the nicest people alive. But still the though of helping Jake in any way at all disgusts me.

I'm not just angry because it took jake 5 months to send me a set of injectors. I'm more angry that after a year or so of knowing jake and becoming actually good friends with him I was just left in the dirt all of a sudden. Hell I used to call him any time of the day with simple little questions like what order to plug in my spark plug wires and he'd know right away (or on his second guess lol). It just sucks when your friendship turns out to be worth a couple hundo.
Old 03-12-2008   #51
ylimert01

Drives: Nissian

welcome Neil! I have met Niel and showed with him at HIN great guy..you do seem to have the cards stacked against you good luck.
ylimert01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #52
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchittendon View Post

Yeah, I would have posted sooner but Kracka banned me! lol

*dick* haha
LOL
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008   #53
nchittendon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.98GSX View Post
well Neil, I see it this way. If Jake is still part of the shop then changing the name is just a way to trick people into thinking they aren't doing business with Jake when they really are
Well that's one thing I'm also trying to sort in my head. As you mentioned, that would just be one way of trying to deceive. I really don't want to do that.

Quote:
So that being said who is gonna be showing up at their dyno day?
I encourage everyone to show up once we have said dyno day, but I would ask that if you are to show up please be decent about it. Again, if you have issues with Jake, take them up with him. Don't bring me into it in that manner.
Old 03-13-2008   #54
crazy_skier
A.E.K.Δ.B

Beer Dude 2 Champion!
Drives: 1994 Suburban

I agree with neil... this is the first I will on the whole situation. You cant just fuck a guys name up over someone else... yes talk about jake and how he is bad is fine imo, but then making a desicion on how neil is from that is a little streched... i'ma little drunk so this might be fucked on how i'm expalining it
crazy_skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #55
tstkl

Hey neil, looks like we should probably have a little chit chat,... I'll be sending you an email shortly.

If you are going to continue to work with jake, I'd suggest you work on figuring out a way to tell if hes lying or not. Maybe he winks twice after every lie, maybe its just every time he opens his mouth, I'm 2000+ miles away, so its hard for me to figure that kind of stuff out.
tstkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #56
nchittendon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstkl View Post
I'd suggest you work on figuring out a way to tell if hes lying or not. Maybe he winks twice after every lie, maybe its just every time he opens his mouth

haha, i'll keep that in mind.
Old 03-13-2008   #57
Jakey
Asshat King

Send a message via MSN to Jakey

My $0.02, with all due respect, your business is fucked because of Jake Vogel.

Proud to be a Cyclone

Check it out: Racers Against Street Racing
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #58
Kracka
R U DTF bro?

Drives: C8 Stingray Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
My $0.02, with all due respect, your business is fucked because of Jake Vogel.
Jakey has spoken. The end.

I actually do agree though; history repeats itself and people really don't change. Unless you cut all ties to Jake and change the shops name you will never be able to gain back the trust that Jake lost in the DSM community.
Kracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008   #59
JET
Is funding Exxon.

Drives: like a bat outta hell!
Send a message via AIM to JET Send a message via Yahoo to JET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracka View Post
Jakey has spoken. The end.

I actually do agree though; history repeats itself and people really don't change. Unless you cut all ties to Jake and change the shops name you will never be able to gain back the trust that Jake lost in the DSM community.
+1

My motorcycle is stock and reliable, my Talon is neither!
JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008   #60
niterydr
back in the saddle again

24 Hours Rally Champion! 3D Pacman white house edition Champion! 3D Racing - Track 2 Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! Bloody Pingu Champion! WRX Racing 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 5

Drives: 2015 Ram Quad Cab Hemi, 1999 FRC Corvette, 93 Stealth Turbo
Send a message via AIM to niterydr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
+1
+2